There are a number of reasons why this might happen, here are some things to check:
- Your e-mail box may be full. If you are a basic web site hosting package subscriber each mailbox is allocated 250Mb of storage space, whilst this is enough for the average user, some clients tend to treat the e-mail box as a storage facility, typically the emails that take most space are those with file attachments. Using your basic hosting package e-mail box in this way is not within the acceptable use policy of this hosting package. You may have received automated warnings of your e-mail box getting close to full - maybe you ignored these? In any event you must take steps to remove unwanted e-mails, remembering also to empty the trash folder. There is a YouTube video on our channel which suggests how you can archive messages to another provider if you wish.
- There may be a temporary issue with the mail server. Before reporting the problem, wait a few minutes and try again.
- Your mail has been blocked from your current location. If you make several unsuccesful attempts to login to your e-mail, the systems are set to automatically block that IP address. Try accessing your e-mail from the webmail interface - typically if the page will not load this suggests that this is the issue. You need to raise a support ticket explaining the issue, along with your domain name and current public IP address.
- Is your Internet connection down - If you are reading this online now, then most likely not, however if you have more than one device connected to your internet, satisfy yourself that other devices are working.
- As with most things, you can always try and reboot your device to see if that resolves the issue.
If you wish to upgrade your e-mail checkout our new hosting plans at this page: https://all-tech-plus.com/website-portfolio/hosting-email-plans